Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Sunny Running Days

Yesterday I convinced my sister, who was visiting, to go for a run with me.  We ran to a park where my mom was playing with my kids.  Round trip it was a little over 4 miles, but I had to do the return trip alone (well I guess I had Leona...but no one to run with).  The trip to the park was nice though, it's been a while since I've actually run with anyone (last time I ran with the law school group), and its been even longer since I ran with someone who was struggling more than me.  I have to give her credit though, we ran fairly quickly considering I've been running a great deal, and she hasn't done much of anything since mid-April.  On the other hand, she just finished up her first season as a Division I swimmer for Boise State, so she probably has a pretty decent cardiac base built up.  Either way, it was really nice to have her company, it definitely makes me wish I had some running buddies...

Today, I took out my two littlest buddies for a nice run.  It was a beautiful day so we went on a little bit longer run than normal for a weekday morning.  What started out as a typical easy run, turned into somewhat of an obstacle course.  We were dodging garbage cans (not so easy to do with a double-jogger) and closed sidewalks for several blocks, crossing the street to avoiding mangy, barking dogs (I've been scared by the same dogs twice and finally learned my lesson) and dealing with a broken stroller (maybe due to all the garbage can dodging?).  However, we did stop at a nice park halfway through and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine.  When all was said and done, it was a great day for a run and a great run...I'm glad I went.

1 comment:

Natalie D said...

i love running w my sister- a swimmer too! i don't even know how you can navigate a dualie!!