Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soccer Mom

So, I officially became a soccer mom today.  I was even driving the minivan (thanks Grammy)....

Today was Emme's first "real" soccer match.  She is playing Kidsports soccer and is on the Kindergarten team with a bunch  of other girls from Edison.  I was very curious to see how the match would play out and ended up being quite impressed...with the organization, the coaches and the girls themselves.  They played 3 on 3 soccer broken up into 5 minute matches.  Their were 2 matches going at a time so at any given time 6 girls from each team were on the pitch.   Emme was able to play in 3 separate matches and had a great time.  She managed to score a goal, had quite a few good passes and by the end of the day had even figured out not to steal the ball from her own teammates.  Here are a few (well, maybe more than a few, what can I say, I'm a proud soccer mom) pictures...

Although she looks pretty intense in this picture, I think that she was merely yawning...

As for Calvin and Leona...they had a pretty good time too...

All-in-all, it was a great Saturday...beautiful weather, fun soccer and good times together as a family...