Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bunch of Pictures

Since I haven't been running, I can at least blog a bit about my other passion...taking pictures of my crazy kids.

We had a great spring break, although we were sick for most of it, it was good to get away and really just relax. (Unfortunately for my grandma, though we left a lot of sick germs behind...I really hope you're feeling better Grammy....I'm sooooo sorry!)


Calvin discovered that pirate swords work almost as well with feet as they do with hands...
Leona really wasn't feeling all that well,
which led to her ability to fall asleep almost anywhere...
Emme had a great time being a "genuine princess"
wouldn't want Leona to feel left out...
Calvin thought it was all a bit silly...of course maybe that's just him
 Leona didn't want break to be all fun and games though, she took time out (from sleeping & crying) to demonstrate the proper rescue techniques if one comes across and unconscious individual....

1st -  check for a pulse 
2nd - listen for breath, if none, then start mouth-to-mouth (or maybe mouth-to-forhead ?)

3rd - commence chest compressions

(I do believe the doll survived)

Emme, not wanting to be outdone by her little sister, instructed my grandma on the finer points of making a good meal
including making the salad all by herself...
After a hard days work, Emme & Calvin cuddled up for a nice movie before bed...
We really did have a pretty good spring break, even though we were sick and left Dan behind.  We were however quite happy to get back home (thanks mom!).  Now that we're back and mostly healthy, it's taken almost a week, but we're getting back into the swing of things.  Emme started soccer last week and Calvin starts up this week.  Despite the serious look on her face, I do believe that she had a great time at her first practice.

As for my running, being sick and being out of town has kind of taken a toll on it.  I am at the point were it will pretty much feel like starting over, but I'm also at the point were I'm dying to get doing it...so tomorrow is the day.  I will go for a run...it might not be a very long one, but it will be a run none-the-less...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Great Pictures. I'll try to remember to email you some of the ones I took while I was out.