Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blehhhh

That's pretty much my attitude lately about everything from running to blogging to, well, just about everything... I don't know what my problem is.  Maybe, it is my lack of running.  It seems that there is usually a pretty direct correlation between my running and my moods.  I didn't go for a run on Monday, (it just didn't happen before play group as much as I wanted it to), I went for a short run on Tuesday (that absolutely sucked) and I didn't get a run in yesterday before story time (mostly because Calvin really didn't want to and I didn't want to fight him...that and the fact that it was really cold!).  Normally today would be a Running from the Law day, but I'm pretty positive that isn't in the cards.  

It's amazing how long it takes me to get into shape and then how quickly I seem to fall out of it.  Last week was a bad week for running.  I missed most of the days because I was getting ready for my Enrichment presentation that I had of course procrastinated until the bitter end and that's really all it took for me to feel sluggish and slow and unmotivated.  Actually, now that I think about it, my real running problems (maybe I can blame all my problems on it) have come from the Daylight Savings Time switch.  I don't know if it's having a school age child, a teething baby, a stressed-out husband our some random combination of it all, but losing the hour when the time changed really took it's toll on me (really all of us). 

So, it's not the fact that I've hardly run at all in the past few weeks that's gotten me out of shape, it's the loss of one hour.  It's also not the lack of running that is causing my blehhh mood, it's the loss of one hour.  I probably haven't had anything decent to blog about because I lost that hour too.  I'm sure there are about a billion other things that I can blame on it too...I sure am glad that we observe Daylight Saving Time, now I have an excuse for all that ails me...

2 comments:

Dick said...

It must be in your genes...your mom has been kind of crabby too. Do you guys chat on the phone and make each grumpy? I can assure you, however, that you didn't acquire your distaste of Daylight Savings Time from me...I wish it lasted for a full 12 months!

Jacob and Stephanie said...

I agree! It's amazing what one hour lost can do to you! You guys need to come over and play. Maybe we can help get you out of the blehhh's.