Thursday, February 5, 2009

Running from the Law Take 2

So, kind of at the last minute, I decided to try the law school running group again today and all I can say is wow... it was great!  I had a much, much better run than the last time I went.  I think that by increasing my mileage over the past couple of weeks I was much more prepared.  We ran just a little over 5 1/2 miles and averaged 8:04 min/mile.  It really felt great!  It was also good, because I was running with two other girls who were talking about their various troubles with boys and it really made me appreciate Dan and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband.

Speaking of Dan, I left Leona home again (there is no way I could run with that group and push her along) and Dan was more than happy to deal with her despite her known history of hating anyone but me, and screaming inconsolably when I am gone.  When I got home, he was holding her and she was crying... but he swears that she had literally only woken up 2 minutes prior to my arrival and had slept the whole time.  He didn't seem frazzled and Emme & Calvin confirmed his story so it must have gone better this time...  

All in all, it was a great run, it was great to get out on my own for a bit, and it was a great reminder of how lucky I am to be married and be in the position I am.

2 comments:

Dick said...

I kind of wondered if you were gonna run with those guys again...glad to see that you did. I wish that I could run 8 minute miles...it's been about 5 years since the last time I got under 9. If we go for a run when your mom and I come up there will you go slow enough that I can stay with you?

Laurie said...

Yeah! That would be great!