Sunday, February 1, 2009

Running & Blogging

Usually when my blogging becomes sparse, it is because I have been neglecting my running.  Surprisingly enough, that hasn't been the case... I have been running, actually a fair amount lately, my Internet connection is just very limited.   

Anyway....

I was very pleased with all the feedback that I got from my last post.  Nothing was too surprising... except maybe Tom.  Do you seriously do pie charts in your head?!?  This week I've gone on a few longer runs and one really fast run (I was literally running late to get Emme from school and practically sprinted the last 3/4 mile) so most of my thoughts have revolved around "you can do it, you can finish, you can do it, you can finish..."  

It has felt pretty good to up my mileage and I've been recovering without much trouble.  I wasn't able to run on Wednesday (we went to story time) or Thursday (Leona had her 6 month check up) but still managed to get in more than 20 miles this week.  My Tuesday run was really good, Calvin and Leona both fell asleep, so it was almost like I was running by myself and it also started raining (which I really enjoy running in)... in fact it was such a good run I tried to duplicate it yesterday.  I thought for sure that since it was a good run with the double jogger, it would be even better with just Leona... not really though.  My overall time was 5 minutes slower when I was running with just Leona and it's just not the same when I don't have Calvin to ask me silly questions and yell out "rapido mommy, rapido...  that means fast"... silly boy!  

Overall, it's been a good running week... a pretty crazy "real life week" but a good running week... I'm looking forward to another...

4 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Your dedication to your family and your running is inspiring to all of us and you are a great example to me, the old lady and your children. You should be very proud of yourself. We are!

Tom North said...

I really do make pie graphs in my head...I guess I like to visualize my progress?

Dick said...

Pretty cool looking background! I wish you had better internet access so you could post more often...they keep me motivated.

Jacob and Stephanie said...

You are amazing! You are seriously one of my personal role models. :) And who is teaching that little man Spanish?