Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ready for Spring

It was beautiful and sunny here today. That, coupled with the fact that I've been pretty sick since Saturday night and have hardly left the house since, except to go to church on Sunday (only for 2 hours...which reminds me, Emme & Calvin actually shed tears that I made them leave early...I'll remind them of that when they are teenagers and refusing to go) makes me soooooo ready for warm springtime weather. Luckily, I'm pretty sure that I didn't have anything contagious...(feel free to click on mastitis if you really wish to know more) and won't have to soon take care of sick kids/husband.

So, needless to say I took a few days off of running, which was sad/hard to do, because I've worked really hard to get back in shape (not to mention the fact that I was raised to be super tough almost to the point of...well, let's face it...insanity...thanks dad) and I didn't want to lose any forward progression but, I think in the long run it will be a good thing. It's just frustrating, because it seems like every time I finally get to a point where I've got a good rhythm going and feeling pretty good, I hit some sort of wall... 

Anyway, enough of my pity party....

I did go out this morning for a short run, that I took fairly easy and it felt pretty good. I'll probably do the same tomorrow (no 'Running from the Law' for me, I've already sent them my excuses...I'm not that sadistic). I'm looking forward to seeing family this weekend (my niece is being blessed in McMinville) and hopefully coercing my dad into running with me sometime on Saturday. Anyway....bring on Spring....I'm ready...

Here are some completely unrelated photos that are a few years old.   I recently got them developed, so I thought I'd share them:





1 comment:

Jacob and Stephanie said...

Hey Laurie - I've been thinking about you this week. I hope that you are feeling better. Let's get together next week K?