Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Day of Love

We had a great day today. I started it off a little before 7am, when Leona and I went for a short run to Albertson's to pick up some donuts for breakfast (special treat/surprise for Valentine's Day). It was a good idea, but unfortunately the box of donuts wouldn't fit in the cargo area under the stroller, so I had to run back home with them balanced precariously on top of the stroller.  It actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and I didn't even drop them...until I got inside the house.  Needless to say, they were still devoured quickly.  

Emme and Calvin had been so excited about Valentine's Day all week.  We decorated the place with hearts and "LOVE" signs that Emme made and today we decorated cupcakes. For the most part, they both had a great time...although, I think at some point they had gotten under the impression that Valentine's Day involved trick-or-treating...

Leona had a great time enjoying her first Valentine's Day.  She especially enjoyed playing with (really eating) her cards.  Here's how it went down:

Look at these cool cards...
What exactly am I supposed to do with them?
Hmmm, this one looks especially interesting....
Ohhhh, I know what it's for...
....it's to eat!!
Here's a little video...sorry it's so fuzzy and loud (the diswasher was running).
video

1 comment:

Jacob and Stephanie said...

That sounds like a great day! I love hearing about the hearts and love signs around the house. The kids must have loved it. (too bad about the trick or treating misunderstanding LOL) :)