Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chocolate Cake

So, I really don't have much of anything to write about, but it is a rare occasion that I have Internet access and thought I should take advantage of it.  

Emme and Calvin are upstairs fighting/playing, Leona is bouncing away in her "johnny-jump-up", Dan is at "Agate Station" watching soccer (USA vs. Mexico, world cup qualifier... "U-S-A, Ole´ Ole´ Ole´!"...) and I have a chocolate cake in the oven...sort of cooking/mostly burning.

I didn't go running today.  I had planned to go for a run this afternoon (we went to library story time this morning) but decided to make cakes instead!  (mmmmmm chocolate)  Actually, I ran a little over 7 1/2 miles (partially in the snow...weird weather!!) yesterday and am kind of sore today.  I hadn't planned to go on such a long run.  Originally it was just a 4 1/2 miler to the post office, but Calvin wanted to run around the park, then up a hill, then I didn't have time to go home and shower before picking up Emme, but it wasn't time to pick her up yet, so we zig-zagged back and forth through South Eugene until time to meet Emme.  I knew it was going to end up being a fairly long run, but it felt pretty good so I kept going.  Mostly my upper back/shoulders are really sore (thanks for suggesting we run up that hill Calvin!) and I feel tired (of course that could be Leona's fault...what happened to sleeping through the night!!)  Tomorrow, I have plans to run with the group so it probably won't hurt that I took today off...unless of course I eat all that cake!

No comments: