Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, I'm Still Alive...

... Barely.  I don't know how far we ran, but I know that we ran fast.  I decided to leave Leona even though she could've greatly benefited from a nap in the stroller.  It turned out to probably be a good decision for me but not so good for Dan... or Leona for that matter (she cried/screamed most of the time I was gone).  Oh well... maybe I'll take her next time... maybe there will be a next time.

Anyway, now that I'm home, showered, fed, and have all 3 kids in bed, I can say that it went pretty well.  There were 7 of us all together, 3 guys & 4 girls (oh, and 1 dog with purple nails to match her owner's... not really a relevant fact, but interesting none-the-less).  We met at the law school and headed over the Autzen footbridge and on to Pre's Trail.  I don't know exactly how far we ran, because we went off on all different sort of trails and I can't map it like I normally would a run, but we ran for 40:34 minutes and I'm quite positive we weren't running 10 minute miles, so I would imagine we ran between 5 - 6 miles... which would put it between 7 & 7:45 minute/mile pace... doable, but not comfortably.  Which I think, probably sums up my run... I survived, but not comfortably.  

There were a couple of times where I would've been perfectly happy to stop and rest or maybe even take a short nap in a ditch but, for better or worse, my pride kept me going (that and the fact that I knew Dan was at home, sick, and trying to take care of our three kidlings... pobre cito).  So, it was fast but it was good for me and I enjoyed having conversations with grownups about grownup things.  If I recover by next Thursday I'll probably go again.  However, the real question will be, with or without Leona?

5 comments:

Dick said...

I knew you'd run whatever pace the crazy people ran...must be nice to be able to go a 7 minute pace. Were you off balance since you didn't have a stroller to push?

Jacob and Stephanie said...

Hey, I'm impressed. Seven minute miles AND conversations in there. Way to go! :)

me/mom/NANA said...

I had no doubt you could keep up with whatever pace was set. I am just surprised you were not the one setting the pace. That will come soon enough. I am sure Daniel was blessed for his alone time with his little ones. Good for both of you. If running makes you happy you will be a happy mommy and I am sure that is what Daniel and the children want for you! Good job.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Hey Laurie, I found your blog from Stephanie's. You are an amazing runner! After this baby is born I think I really want to get more into running!

Laurie said...

Wow... thanks for all the encouragement guys! I'm not sure I'm quite so deserving of all the praise, but thank you none-the-less...