I'm not really sure what I've gotten myself into. I only know one member of the group and she ran something crazy, like 5 marathons last year. The number might not be 100% accurate but I do know of, for certain, a half marathon she did in the summer and two full length ones in the fall... that's more than enough to be considered slightly clinical! Anyway, I didn't bother to ask how fast or how far they usually run (I didn't want Juli (the girl I know) to think I'm a wimp... 'cuz it will be much better to pass out while we're running) so I could be in a bit of trouble. I'm taking today off to rest up for tomorrow (mini taper), we'll see if that helps... I'm really wishing I hadn't taken off so many days last month!
I'm still undecided as to whether or not to bring Leona & the jogging stroller. On one hand, if I bring her:
- I would have an excuse to be slower.
- The stroller would give me a place to have water, pain meds, and my cell phone to call an ambulance.
- I could also lean on it to help hold myself up.
- If things got really bad, I could pinch her and use her crying as an excuse to turn back early.
- When I showed up, they might wonder who invited the old lady with the screaming baby.
- If we run on any narrow paths, or really steep paths, or bark trail paths, or bumpy paths, or the street... the stroller could be an issue.
- If there are a lot of people, I could really be in the way.
- Plus, there is always the coolness factor... is it cool to run with a baby?