Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Running & Blogging

So, I've really been slacking when it comes to blogging and running.  Maybe the two are related, I feel guilty that I haven't been running and therefore don't want to blog because I don't have any running to write about.  In addition, I think that I "write out" most of my blog posts in my head while I'm running, so if I'm not running I can't be writing... 

The kids and I went to Klamath for Thanksgiving (Dan stayed home to study for finals) and I actually took my single stroller because I figured if I went to the effort of stuffing it into the car with us then I would definitely go running while I was there.  ha ha ha ha ha

It started off great, on Wednesday (the day we got there) I ran in the dark with my dad and had a great time.  Leona didn't seem to care for it much, I don't know if it was because it was dark or just because she was in a bad mood from traveling, but she yelled... a lot!  Anyway,  I was really excited, because by running on Wednesday,  a day that I assumed I wouldn't run, it actually put me ahead of "schedule".  I was so proud of myself... thinking, while I was running, about how I was going to run every day while I was there.  I guess I was just too proud, the fall was inevitable.   

Wednesday night, I proceeded to stay up until 2 in the morning making pies for Thanksgiving.  When I woke up 4 short hours later (thank you Calvin) I should've gone running (preemptive Thanksgiving day calorie burning) but instead wanted to make more pies.  I justified it by telling myself that by running on Wednesday, when I hadn't planned on it, it made it okay to miss out on my planned Thursday morning run... besides, maybe (ha ha ha) I would run after Thanksgiving dinner (ha ha ha ha ha).  Needless to say, no running on Thursday occurred... I did see Twilight again though and Leona went to (slept/snored through) her first big-screen movie.

Friday I definitely planned on running.  However, when I woke up Friday morning (after about 4 hours of sleep again... gotta love kids!) I was still recovering from my late night Wednesday and it was a mere 22 degrees outside (gotta love Klamath Falls) and I somehow lost my motivation.  I told myself that I'd run later, after it warmed up again, when my dad got back from hunting but it didn't happen... I did go shopping with my mom & sister though.

Saturday was the day.  I had to run on Saturday.  After all, I would be returning home on Sunday... and I didn't stuff the stupid ("mommy, we don't say 'stupid'") stroller into the car just so it could go on a road trip with us.  Buuuut, we had our family Christmas Party on Friday night, which meant another late night aaaannnd Dan's parents made waffles & Canadian bacon for breakfast which I just haaaad to eat, soooooo I didn't make it running Saturday morning either.  Of course there was always Saturday afternoon (ha ha ha ha).

Short story long, the kids and I had a great mini vacation in Klamath Falls (although we did miss Dan) and I barely did any running and didn't do any blogging. 

2 comments:

Tom North said...

I actually ran 5 miles today! Thats the most I've run since I've been back from Guate! I've also been swimming at least 3 times a week, averaging around 2000 meter workouts...at least I think they're meters not yards...or I'm really really slow

Jacob and Stephanie said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only holiday running slacker, although I'm trying to get back on track. So much food, so much fun, so much justification... I liked all the (ha ha ha ha) asides in there. They made me chuckle. :P