Sunday, December 14, 2008

11 Days & Counting...

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but it's such a great smile I just couldn't help but post it:

We are really getting excited for Christmas.  I spent this last week making goodies (with a little help from my kiddlings... Leona not so much) and tonight we took them around to a few friends.  I think we'll make that a new tradition... last year just Emme and I went, but this year we all loaded up into the car and even listened to some Christmas music... I must be getting older, it didn't seem half as cheesy as it should have.
We also had fun decorating our tree last week.  It unfortunately only has two strands of lights as compared to last years 5 strands and we don't have any of our glass ball ornaments, but it still looks pretty good.  Over the next few days, we are going to make some popcorn strands and some paper ornaments (at least that is our ambition... we'll see how it plays out).  




On a side note, Emme is still struggling with her "illness".   Her fever got up to 103 on Friday night, but then pretty much went away, however on Saturday night she had a rash all over her chest and back when she got out of the tub.  It has lightened in color today, but is still there.  After talking to my mom this evening and doing a little bit of online research, I'm pretty sure she has Roseola.  Tomorrow, if she still has the rash, I'll keep her home from school AGAIN and see if we can't get her in to see the doctor... 

No comments: