Saturday, November 22, 2008

29 Forever

I had the best birthday in a long, long time... which is good, because it was my last birthday!  I will be 29 forever... year after year after year... 29!

My day started off with a phone call from a friend who wanted to make sure that I checked my front porch.  I immediately did and found a really cute card and the best pumpkin bread I've ever eaten (thanks Stephanie).  Luckily it was a small loaf because I proceeded to eat the majority of it within the next 10 minutes.  A short while later the doorbell rang and another good friend was standing there with a box wrapped in the coolest paper ever (thanks Marci!), okay it was just newspaper, but it was wrapped so that the picture of Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Nelly was right on top with Justin Timberlake & Marilyn Manson just below them...I made myself wait to open it until Dan got home from class so that I could show him the cool paper.  Then a short while later the phone rang and another friend invited the kids and me over to lunch, which was a lifesaver (thanks Kimberly) because our landlord had our kitchen all torn apart so he could do "exploratory surgery" to find the SMELL.  We had a great time at lunch and when we got back, Dan was home from class with a nice big vase of gerbera daisies... my favorite!

My mom and grandma arrived just in time for dinner, which was also great.  We had blackened chicken, whole wheat fettucine with a three cheese alfredo sauce, a really yummy salad with soy nuts and a poppy seed dressing and some bread.  The best part about it was that Dan basically did it all and he did do all the dishes... what a sweetie!  After dinner, Dan bathed the kids and got them to bed.

After Leona was asleep, my mom, grandma and I headed to the movie theater where we sat for about 2 hours until the 12:03am showing of 'Twilight' started.  The movie, of course, was nowhere near as good as the book, but it was a lot of fun to be out so late and hang out with my mom and grandma.  While we sat waiting for the movie to begin, my mom and I played with our cell phones, "blue-toothing" pictures to each other and trying to get a good picture of ourselves... it didn't work out too well as you can see.

 All-in-all though, it was a great birthday and I look forward to turning 29 again next year!

No comments: