Thursday, November 6, 2008

101st Post

So, this is apparently my 101st post.  Normally the big number is probably 100, but since that was my last post and I didn't notice it, I'll celebrate this one.  So,  wooowhooo this is number 101!  Okay, enough of that silliness...celebrating is over.



I've haven't been blogging much about my running lately, which is odd since this is supposed to be a "running log blog".  Mostly it probably because I haven't been running a whole lot.  In fact, I didn't run at all last week.  I have been nursing some sort of Achilles tendon issue on my right leg.  I don't really know what the deal is, all I know is that it hurts and tends to swell up after running and was getting worse, so I took some time off to see if it got any better.  I don't know if it really got better, I didn't give it too much of a chance...I was missing running too much.  

My favorite season by far is fall, when the temperature cools down and the leaves start changing color & fall off the trees.  I love to run under the trees and through the leaves on the sidewalk.  Well, last week was a huge time for that here in Eugene and I was missing out on it.  Although I wasn't quite as grumpy as I normally am when I miss several days of running, I was starting to become moodier than normal and thus ended my running hiatus on Monday.  I ran on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but took today off...which is funny, because today is the first day this week that we didn't have driving rain and monsoon type winds.  Anyway, my Achilles still hurts, but it is tolerable...so I guess I'll keep running until I can't...hopefully that doesn't happen.

Calvin and Leona both enjoy running.  Leona loves to sleep and Calvin loves to tell my to run faster, especially when we are going up hills.  I love it because it gets us out of the house even when it's cold and rainy and I really do develop some sort of "runner's high" (which probably explains my addiction to it) not to mention the fact that on the days I go running I feel much less guilty about eating peanut butter covered Hershey bars (our Halloween candy mysteriously ran out of peanut butter cups and butterfingers, so I've had to be resourceful!).

As a post-script...
regarding the fall leaves, they're mostly yucky now...brown and squishy on the sidewalk and dead in the trees...but they sure were pretty while they lasted....the picture at the top of the page is from in front of Emme's school on Halloween.  Unfortunately I failed to get any daytime pictures, too bad, they were soooo beautiful.

No comments: