Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rolly-Polly, Pouty-Face, Thumbsucker


Well, as you can see from the pictures, Leona has discovered her thumb and she absolutely loves it!  It started out with her fingers...then the other day she managed to get her thumb into her mouth and now rarely takes it out.  It's really pretty cute, she sucks on her right thumb and rubs the top of her head with her other hand (she's doing it right now as I type).  Emme & Calvin never were thumb-suckers and we are trying to persuade Leona to not be one either, but she doesn't seem to care much for pacifiers...  On the positive side, however, she now sleeps soundly through the night, usually from about 9:30pm until I wake her up at about 5:30am then she will go back to sleep until 8 or 9am.  Before she discovered her thumb she would wake at 2 or 3, now I can just hear her sucking away on it...
Another talent that Leona has discovered is pouting.  She has an amazing pout.  When something scares her or she is sad or sometimes for no apparent reason at all, she sticks out her lower lip as far as she can.  It is really pretty cute and (although I may feel bad) usually makes me laugh at her.  If she continues to utilize the pout I'm sure it will come in handy as she ages...her daddy is a real sucker for big puppy dog eyes and a nice little pout...Emme and I are already capitalizing on that fact...



Leona has rolled over a couple times from her tummy to her back and has actually come close to doing it from her back to her belly too.  Emme & Calvin love to see her do it and always want me to "make her roll over".  (This video is only the 2nd time for her rolling over and she bonked her head on the floor...poor thing, we did lay down blankets for her to land on after this video, but of course she didn't roll over anymore.)
video


As for everyone else:

Emme had a popcorn, pajama, movie party at school yesterday and is super excited for Halloween.  She is going to be a doctor this year (thank you mom).  Calvin enjoys going running with Leona and me.  Tomorrow at play group, he is having a Halloween costume party...this year he is going to be a pirate, in fact ever since my mom & grandma got him a hook he has been a pirate.  (In all reality, ever since he watched Captain Hook, he has either been a pirate or a crocodile...going on almost a year now!)  

I took most of last week off from running, but am getting back into it.  I really love running in the fall, with the beautiful leaves and the cooler temperatures.  I also really enjoy running in the rain...which we should have plenty of shortly (remind me I said I enjoy running in it).

Dan is still doing well in school, but looking forward to this semester being over.  Hopefully he'll be able to relax a little bit over winter break...

Anyway....we're looking forward to Halloween and will post lots of pictures....

No comments: