Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Duck Dash




Well, I haven't been on here forever, but thought I'd update everyone on the Duck Dash.  It went well.  I ran slightly slower than last year (6 seconds) but I wasn't disappointed.  I ended up finishing 58th overall (195 total runners) and was 5th out of 24 in my age group.  It was really cold, but everyone came to watch.  My mom, grandma, Dan, Emme, Calvin & Leona were all there cheering me on.  The girls hung around afterwards to see if I won a "door prize", but much to Emme's dismay, we went home empty handed...oh well.  I don't have any pictures of the event, but there is a video:



You can't see me too well, but if you listen carefully, you can hear my grandma yell "go Laurie" and the kids yelling "go mommy"!  If you try to look for me, I have on a white baseball hat and a turquoise shirt.  Look and listen around :37-:39, I'll be on the right hand side of the screen (if you're looking at it).

No comments: