Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out Sick...

Dan stayed home from school today.  He was pretty miserable last night and so I figured he probably wouldn't be going today.  I was right...he slept until almost 9:30 this morning...I'm sure he really needed it.  At the rate today is progressing for him, he probably won't be attending all of his classes tomorrow either.  (Luckily today he only had one class.)

I'm feeling a fair amount better than I was, however my head is still pretty congested and my nose is running/stuffed.  I had planned to go running today regardless of how I felt...but when Dan stayed home sick I decided to call in sick from running too.  I'm sure it won't hurt too much to take one more day off and recover.  I still have 2 1/2 weeks before the Duck Dash and I'm in pretty good shape...3 days off, hopefully won't set me back too far.

It was actually good that Dan stayed home and I didn't go running because Emme's school called at 11:00am to tell us that her ear hurt too much for her to eat lunch and that she wanted to come home.  Luckily, we were all here and Dan stayed with Calvin & Leona while I went and picked up Emme.  Poor thing, she looked pretty miserable.   When we walked by the playground, she said, "All my friends are over there and they are going to be saying, "Where's Emme?"".  In addition, today was going to be her first day of kinder choir...she's pretty sad about that too.   I called the doctor on the way home from the school and they got her in at 12:15.  She has an ear infection and will be on antibiotics for the next 10 days.  Now, we are home and she is taking a nap...she actually fell asleep in the car after we left the pharmacy at Albertson's...she must've been really tired!

Calvin and Leona are sleeping too and Dan is downstairs playing a game...or sleeping...I know he isn't studying because all his books are at school.  I should probably try to nap too, but it is so quite and peaceful it seems that napping would be a waste of such nice "alone time"...besides the minute I fall asleep Leona will wake up.... ¿Qué se va hacer?

No comments: