Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Mole People

Well, its been a while since the last time I posted anything.  This negligence has been in the back of my mind, but it was recently brought to the forefront by my grandma.  She mentioned how much she enjoys my blog then quickly followed the compliment up with how much more she would enjoy it if there was something new to read on it...fair enough...

It's been pretty crazy around here.  We are all starting to get in some sort of routine again, although it isn't a very good one.  Mostly it involves staying up too late, getting up too late and being super lazy throughout the day.  I haven't left the house since Sunday.  I suppose that doesn't sound too bad, but normally I go crazy if I don't get outside a couple of times a day and the crazy thing is I haven't been going crazy...I've enjoyed living like the "mole-people".  Today, though, is the big day...the day to rejoin society...the day for the reclusive mole people to emerge from the dark confines of their overheated dwelling and attempt to coexist with sun worshiping outsiders.  Okay, that was a bit dramatic.  I do have a big day planned though:  a trip to the bank, the grocery store and school district office to discuss Emme's upcoming test.  I know, pretty exhilarating...

Emme and Calvin are doing great.  Calvin had his 3rd birthday last week and has been really enjoying his new bike and helmet (thank you Grammy, Nana, Papa & Mom) although he's going to need to grow a little bit before he can really enjoy it.  Emme has been getting bored more easily and has been quite restless.  Basically she is tired of playing with Calvin but doesn't want to play by herself...it's quite the conundrum.  

Leona is doing well.  She has been staying awake for much larger portions of the day and really not waking up too terribly much during the night.  She has a great deal of time in the late evening, however, when she is fairly grumpy.  It is usually around the time Emme & Calvin are going to bed...which means the peaceful alone time Dan and I used to relish every night has turned into the time we dread.  She is growing well and changing every day.  It's hard not to look forward to her being a little bit older and more self reliant but I know how quickly it all goes and am trying to savor each stage.

I will make an attempt to be more active in my blogging from here on out and maybe even get some updated pictures posted, although I won't go as far as making any promises...I said I would try....


No comments: