Monday, July 21, 2008

One Week & Counting

Well, we've survived the first week.  I think for the most part everything has gone well...we are all adjusting to having a little baby again.  Dan's mom was here for most of the first week, which was a great help.  She did a great job keeping Emme & Calvin entertained...and away from Leona.  Calvin absolutely loves her to pieces.  The problem is that he will literally lover her into pieces if given the opportunity.  The first thing he wants to do every morning is look at her and say hi to her and give her hugs and kisses.  Emme loves her too, but in a much more reserved fashion.  Emme has probably had the hardest time adjusting, there have been several days were she has been pretty upset and said "everyone is ruining my day" and by everyone, I think she really means that Leona (and all the attention she is getting) is ruining her day.  It was really great for her to have her Nana here and do special things just the two of them.

I am going to take an opportunity to brag about
 my husband for a little bit.  He has been absolutely amazing!  I suppose one could argue that he is just doing normal father/husband duties but I think he has gone above and beyond the call of action.  He has been making dinner, bathing 
and feeding the kids, taking them to the park, making sure I get naps or sleep in...really the list goes on and on.  Mostly though, he has been so supporti
ve and attentive to me and my feelings...constantly checking to see if there is anything I need or that he can do for me.  I am so grateful for him and all he does for us.  It will be sad to see him go back to school...
I didn't really write much about the labor, I suppose that's because there really wasn't much to say.  I had sporadic contractions all day Saturday and early Sunday morning they started being regular enough to go to the hospital.  We checked in a little bit before 4am, my doctor broke my water and I got an epidural shortly there after.  Labor progressed quickly and relatively painlessly (thanks to the epidural) and by 7am I felt the need to push.  After, what seemed like a few short minutes of pushing, Leona was born.  I couldn't be happier with the way everything went.  I feel that I am recovering well and almost back to 100%...I'm still a bit short on energy and have a ways to go before fitting into all my pre-pregancy clothes...but I really can't complain.   I do miss swimming though and am anxious to get running....hopefully soon.....

No comments: