Sunday, June 22, 2008

Queen Grumpy

Man, I am such a grumpy person today. I don't really know what my deal is, but it's like somebody hit some switch and I am in the worst mood. I think it must have to do with the fact that I haven't left the house today (except to go to church) and I'm feeling kind of cooped up. It might also have to do with the fact that I haven't worked out since Thursday. I'm way past the point of being able to comfortably run and the pool was closed all weekend for a swim meet so I haven't been able to go to lap swim.

I considered going for a walk this evening but try as I might I can't get into walking. I think it might be a problem that most runners have. If I try to go for a walk I feel like I should be running...I don't know if I feel self-conscious walking or if it's just something in my head that says "Run! Run! Run!" but for whatever reason walking just doesn't do it for me. Of course walking with the kids in the stroller doesn't help because they are even meaner to me than I am to myself, "Go faster Mommy", "Why are you walking?", "Lets' run mommy". Mostly that is Calvin talking...Emme will stand up to him for me, "She can't run Calvin, her belly is too big!". Needless to say I am looking forward to renewing (thank you mom) my swim pass tomorrow (it expired on Friday) and going to lap swim. There is something so therapeutic about being in the water for me....I love it!

On another note...Calvin came into our room this morning and climbed into bed with us. After lying still for about 2 minutes he sat up and said, "I'll be right back Mommy". I asked him where he was going, "I'm going to get a book to read to the baby". He promptly returned with one of his favorite Dora books which he proceeded to "show" to my belly. He really can be such a sweetheart...I guess in less than 4 weeks (hopefully) we'll find out if he still loves the baby as much when she is no longer in my belly.

No comments: