Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Monday



Yeah, it's Monday.  That statement really has no relevance, but I couldn't think of any other way to start my blog.  

The 4 (and 3/4) of us went to the $1.50 movies this afternoon to watch "Horton Hears a Who!".  Apparently there was some sort of "Reel Family" special (I don't know if it was the movie we saw, or the time we went, or the day of the week) and it only cost us $0.50 a piece.  So, for $2.00 we got to hang out in a relatively cool movie theater that kept the kids occupied (mostly) for an hour and a half!  Really quite the bargain I think.  The movie itself was pretty cute, Emme was pretty entertained by it and there were parts that kept Calvin's attention too.  There were even a few parts that Dan and I laughed at.  The only downside were the repetitions of the characters calling each other "boob" and "idiot" as well as telling each other to "shut up".  Those things didn't used to bother me at all, but it seems that Calvin particularly enjoys picking up new sayings that he then likes to yell at the top of his lungs in quite or crowded places (i.e. church, the library...)I guess we'll see how well he was listening to the movie today.

On another side, I suppose we're getting more ready for the baby to come.  Yesterday I washed the baby outfits we had and today Emme and I folded (and refolded, thanks Calvin) them and attempted to cram them into the closet and two drawers that a scavenged from Emme & Calvin's dresser.  I didn't realize how many pink "onesies" Emme had.  I also attempted, somewhat unsuccessfully, to arrange Emme's booster seat and the two car seats in the back seat of our car.  I thought I had found an arrangement that would work, however it puts Calvin in the middle, next to Emme, which after driving to the movie theater and back today doesn't seem to be the best solution.  (I suppose by now I should be use to it, but it never ceases to amaze me the things those two can find to fight about.)  I definitely feel that our trips together as a whole family (or even the 3 kids and me) will be fewer and farther between (not to mention shorter) in the future.

I didn't go swimming tonight, but am already looking forward to escaping tomorrow night....


No comments: