Friday, June 27, 2008

Can't Sleep

I woke up this morning at 5:20am and couldn't go back to sleep.  I really tried and although I'm tired, my mind won't go back to sleep and therefore I can't make my body.  So, I got up and opened some windows in the living room (it's supposed to be 87 today) and gave the lawn another quick watering.  Now, with my family still asleep and not wanting to wake them, I thought I'd post a little bit.

Calvin and Emme have created a new "fun thing to do".  It is called, "Tree Hugging" (Emme's term).  I don't know where they got it from, but about a month ago Emme wanted to give every tree between Hayward field and our house (not a small number of trees) a hug, so she would walk up to it, put her arms around it and say "I love you tree, you're a good tree".  It was just about the sweetest/strangest thing I've ever seen.  I don't know if Calvin would've picked it up on his own or not, but it doesn't mater because Emme is more than happy to point out trees to him that he should go and hug.  

Maybe it's living in Eugene or maybe my children just have a deep love of nature, but whatever the case, they have taken the term "tree huger" to a whole new level...

No comments: