Monday, May 19, 2008

Yurtin' for Certain


We went camping last week and I've been really lazy about getting the pictures uploaded and writing about it.  We stayed in a yurt, which was great...I might never go camping in a tent again.  It was really a lot of fun!  There was a lot of room, the kids had bunk beds, we could walk around and get dressed without touching the ceiling....I definitely recommend "Yurting".

We had pretty good weather, it only rained one day and it was actually the day we spend indoors at the Oregon Coast Aquarium so it worked perfectly.  The aquarium was a lot of fun...the kids
 enjoyed the sharks and jellyfish.  We spent a beautifully sunny, windless day at the beach making sand castles and "cold pools" (basically a sand pit filled with ocean water....which of course ended with Calvin stripped down to his unders "swimming", unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that).

Overall, we had a great time and came back to amazingly hot weather...which elicited the purchase of a wading pool.  Unfortunately though, our vacation is officially over as Dan returned to school today and it is supposed to start raining tomorrow.  I have gone running a few times, twice at the coast once here...it really isn't pleasant any more.  The pool opened today for lap swim and I went this evening....I think that will be my major form of exercise from here on until the baby is born.  Hope you enjoy the pictures:



No comments: