Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back Home

Well, our "vacation" to Klamath Falls is over and we are back home. For the most part we had a really good time. I went to lap swim almost every day, which was a really nice break from running and a great way to get rid of my pasty-white winter skin. The kids really enjoyed seeing their grandparents and aunts & uncles although by the end of the two weeks they were quite anxious to see Daddy. We've been back almost a week and are getting back into our routines, which is actually kind of nice.

Dan finished up his finals and has a little bit of a break before his summer classes begin, so next week we are going to go camping. I'm really excited. We have reserved a yurt at Beverly Beach which is 7 miles north of Newport. I think it will be a lot nicer than staying in a tent, especially since it will most likely rain most of the time we are there. Emme & Calvin are looking forward to making sand castles and I think we might even squeeze in a trip to the Oregon Coast Aquarium or at least Underseas Gardens.

I have yet to go running...which means I'm working on 3 weeks with no runs. I almost went yesterday and the day before but didn't quite make it out the door. On Thursday I even went as far as putting on some running clothes, but got frustrated with how they fit my expanded belly and decided to stay home and watch Survivor instead. My plan is to take my running stuff camping and maybe get in a few runs on the beach...we'll see how it goes....

No comments: