Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time for Finals...

It's finals time again for Dan which means the kids and I packed up and headed down to Klamath Falls to give him an opportunity for "quiet studying" at home. We got here two days ago and will be here for another 13 days (give or take). So far things have been going fairly well, except Calvin and Emme are both really sick and the car seems to not be working very well. (It's almost deja vu of our last Klamath Falls trip.)

Poor Dan, stuck at home without a car and trying his best to get ready for his finals is also very sick. I feel so awful for him. Every time I talk to him he sounds so depressed and absolutely miserable. Luckily he has a pharmacist friend in his classes who can give him advice on what to take/not to take in order to be alert as possible for his final tomorrow morning...but so far nothing seems to be working for him (hmmmm, maybe this "friend" gave him bad advice in order to bump up his own position on the curve.....) Seriously though, I do feel really bad for him and wish I could do something for him. We've both decided that this will be the last time the kids and I disappear during finals...it's too hard on everyone (probably even the grandparents by the time the 2 weeks is up).

On the other hand, with a plethora of babysitters, I have been able to get some alone time. The last two days I went to lap swim, which was wonderful. I really love swimming and it is about the only place where I don't feel like a weigh a ton (except the shameful walk from the locker room to the pool....I feel like I weigh 2 tons when I'm plodding around in my suit on the pool deck for everyone to see). Because I am swimming, I haven't been running. I might try to get in a run this weekend so that I'm not completely out of running shape when we get back to Eugene, but as time progresses towards my July due date I fear my running days are definitely coming to a hiatus.....

No comments: