Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunny Days

Now that spring break is over, the rain has stopped of course and the sun is out. That's okay though, we enjoyed having Dan home even if we did spend most of the week indoors. Today we took advantage of the sunshine and headed out for a run to the play park. It was nice to be outside, and nice for the kids to play at the park, but I can definitely tell that I haven't been running for almost a month....and in that month my belly has gotten much rounder and I jiggle in a lot more places than I'm used to. Needless to say, running was much more slow going than "normal". I would imagine (if I'm able to keep up running) it will only get slower too. We went on a really short run, only about 2.5 miles round trip, but it took long enough that when we got home Emme said, "Wow mommy, that was a really long run today".

We used spring break to really get serious about potty training Calvin. I think I can see some improvement, although he still has little motivation to go up and go on his own....which means every 20 minutes or so, I have to coerce him to the potty. Emme was so much easier...one day she decided she didn't want to wear diapers any more and that was it. I don't really think Calvin cares...diapers, "big boy unders", pull-ups, it really doesn't matter to him. Emme loves to "help" though, she'll remind him over and over that he needs to go potty and she'll make sure the stool is in the right place in front of the toilet and tell him how great it is that he is turning into a "potty train" (her take on him being potty trained)...she is of course a "potty princess". I think she looks forward to having another sibling to boss around more than anything else. I'm sure that I was never bossy when I was younger.....

No comments: