Monday, March 24, 2008

Princesses

Tonight, while dinner was cooking, I had some extra time to play with Emme and Calvin...which was a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. Emme decided that we should "play princesses". It sounded good to me, little did I know I was in for the most complicated, rule ridden game ever invented by a four year old. First of all, I don't think that there are any preconceived rules...Emme just sort of makes them up as she goes, but they are definite rules that must be strictly followed once they are stated. The only thing consistent about the game was Emme saying, "And then we do this...." I think that Calvin and I must have heard her say "and then we do this" at least 40 times in the 20 minutes we were "playing". Having actually played "princesses" with her now, it's much easier to relate with Calvin and his reasons for grabbing her princesses (usually a stuffed animal dressed in one of her dresses) and running through the house laughing.

We are however, enjoying having Dan home for Spring Break. We all went grocery shopping today, instead of just the kids and me. Dan was surprised when I told him that it was nice to have him with us because it went so much more smoothly. I think his exact response was, "REALLY?!?". I know that he truly appreciates all that I do...but maybe this week will give him a little glimpse into our "daily happenings".

1 comment:

nana and papa said...

If you kept the game to just 20 minutes then you won!!!
Nana/Papa