Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bunch of Sickies...

We had a really fun weekend. My dad and sister came up and on Saturday we spent the day at the beach. Emme and Calvin loved digging in the sand and looking for shells. Calvin enjoyed going up to the water (by up to, I mean about 4 feet away from it) and then running away and yelling "run away, run away" when the waves came in. It was really pretty cute. There was one time however, when we all got caught a little too close. I was too busy laughing at my dad, who was running away from a large wave that broke close to the shore to notice that Emme and I were about to get wet by the same wave. I tried to save us, by picking up Emme, the camera, and her bucket and running...the bucket was an early casualty and I ended up falling (it is rather awkward to carry Emme and all the stuff in addition to by big belly) which meant we all got wet, although Emme was definitely the wettest (I think I may have landed on her). She cried for a bit while everyone else laughed at us, but all in all it was a good day.

On another note, Emme, Calvin & I are all a bunch of sickies. Calvin has had a runny nose for a few days but it seems to have progressed into a full blown cold which Emme and I came down with last night. Hopefully we can stay sequestered enough from Dan that he can avoid it as being sick is the last thing he needs right now as he heads into the end of the semester. Needless to say, we haven't been running (I can hardly breathe just sitting in a chair) but look forward to recovering so we can head back out.

No comments: