Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eugene Dog Owners


I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Eugene dog owners for having the decency and consideration to "clean up" after their dogs. I don't think that I have ever truly appreciated it until running today in Klamath Falls. Apparently it is an art not taught in basic doggy camp here in K-town. I don't think I have ever seen so much...well we'll call it "doggy droppings" in my life. I don't know if everyone and their dog (ha ha ha) went for a walk last night or if I just didn't notice the "piles" when I was running yesterday. Yesterday I was squinting to avoid being blinded by the sun, whereas today I was looking down to avoid being pelted with the snow that seemed to be blasting at my face. Needless to say, there were droppings absolutely everywhere...on the sidewalk, in the street and unfortunately even all over the bike path. The few piles that had actually been deposited off the path stood out disgustingly as they were a stark contrast to the beautifully pure snow. So, I plea to all owners of dogs in this great (ha ha ha) town of Klamath Falls....please bag your doggie droppings or at the very least curb your dogs!!

On a more positive note, I did have a good run...even dodging the dog mines. I waited too long, however, to get out the door this morning and was suprised to be met with snow, that unfortunately seemed to blow straight at me no matter what direction I headed. Although I didn't miss my sunglasses today, a pair of snow goggles may have come in handy. Now that my run is over though, I'm very glad that I went and might even head out again tomorrow...3 days in a row, that would probably be a new record for me.

No comments: