Wednesday, February 20, 2008

City of Sunshine

I went for a run today...it was great! The only thing I regret is that I didn't have my sunglasses. Here in the "city of sunshine" it's kind of hard to see when the sun is blazing down at you from the sky and shining up at you from the snow on the ground. I had planned to go swimming, but made the mistake of trying on my swimming suits in front of a mirror, which discouraged me from stepping out in public with one on. Instead, I decided I would hide myself under a bunch of layers and head out for a run. This was the first time in quite a while that I have gone running without the kids and the stroller. I would have to say it was kind of peaceful. On the other hand, I didn't have any place to put my cell phone (which both my mother-in-law and my grandmother were happy to know I took running with me) and there was no one to sing (the "sleeping beauty song" over and over and over) to me. I only went three miles with a bathroom stop at my grandma's (1 mile into the run) where I had a hard time convincing her (and me) that I didn't want a ride back to Higgins'. Overall though, I'm glad I went and look forward to heading out a few more times without the kids before we return to Eugene.

No comments: