Saturday, November 3, 2007

Early but not so bright,

Calvin and I are up. It feels like is about 5am, but it's after 7. It is pitch black outside...I guess its good the time will change tomorrow, then we won't have to get up in the pitch dark any more. We didn't go running yesterday because when we had the opportunity to go it was only 32 degrees and it wasn't until close to lunchtime that it got into the 40's. I would prefer not to run when it is so cold that it hurts to breathe, but more than that I really can't justify taking Emme & Calvin out in it (especially since I can't convince Calvin to keep on his hat/gloves/blanket...really anything that will keep him warm). I suppose we could've run in the afternoon, but once Dan is home from school (especially on Fridays) we don't usually take off. Friday's are our "date night" but I have kind of turned them into "date day" so that as soon as he gets out of school we can have fun together (usually involves going to Target to return something I feel guilty for buying...then buying some sort of treats to watch with our movie for date night). Last night we watched Spider Man 3....Super Cheesy!!!!! Even for a comic book it was pretty bad.

On a side note, Calvin is watching Care Bears and since Emme isn't awake yet, he is taking her role and "oooohing" and "ahhhhhing" over all of the "princess" things he sees in the commercials. We really need to find him so more masculine cartoons to watch. Emme probably won't be up for a while because she was up half the night being afraid of Crocodiles...I don't know why, but that is the thing she has picked to be deathly afraid of.

We're planning on running today, but it is freezing again this morning and there is a big game this afternoon. I had contemplated running down by Autzen, I think the kids would enjoy seeing all the festivities....I guess we'll just have to see how things go.

No comments: