Monday, September 24, 2007

Hiatus

If you hadn't noticed, I've taken a brief hiatus...mostly from writing but a little bit from running too. Towards the beginning of September the kids and I took a week long trip to Klamath Falls, which was all it took to get me slightly out of the habit for running and definitely out of it for writing. Upon returning we did run off and on but today is the first day I have actually attempted to write.

During our hiatus we discovered a couple of things. The first of which is story time at the library. We went for the first time last Tuesday. We go to the toddler group which is for ages 2 and 3 but is combined with the "tiny tots" (birth - 2) which means that there is lots of running around and some crying but little listening to the story (plus other people's kids are kind of crazy too). After the stories and songs we went out into the courtyard to "unwind" where Calvin proceeded to climb the fence and yell "help me, auyda me ayuda me" at the top of his lungs (at least he seemed like a smart unruly kid). We checked out a few books (a princess book for Emme (really about a Spanish dancer, not a single princess in it) and two other books that I managed to grab as I chased Calvin down the aisles). After reading "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" for literally the thousandth time tonight, we will be braving story time again tomorrow to restock.

The other thing we discovered during our time off was a dance class for Emme....it starts on Thursday so I don't have much to say about it other than Emme couldn't be more excited (she does her "ballet" spins all over the place).

We did go running today, just a little 3-miler with a park in the middle. Emme the whole way there was hoping that there would be a "friend" for her to play with (on the account that "Calvin is too little") and much to her delight she did encounter a little boy, who of course was half the size of Calvin and probably younger too, but since he was not Calvin he was okay to play with. I think that our runs and my blogs will be more consistent, at least for the next 2 weeks before we go on vacation again.....

No comments: